Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a web designer who loves to be creative. I enjoy stamping, card making, pottery and drawing. I have been making cards for years, and only in the past year got into stamping in a big way. I love the Stampin' Up! products so much, I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
I live in Winnipeg, MB with my boyfriend and our cats.

Note: Stampin' Up! products are copyright by Stampin' Up!.

Ashley
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Email: ashleysokal@hotmail.com

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Halloween treats


I love giving candy to coworkers but instead of just giving out the candy in the wrappers, I wanted to jazz it up a bit. Below are boxes with mini chocolate bars or candy and Reese mini peanut butter cups decorated as witches hats. The idea for the hats came from here.

The paper used is not SU! I bought a package of 8 Halloween paper placemats with a fun design on them and used them for the boxes and hats.


I used the Circle Scissors Plus to make the 4" circles that are then cut in half and wrapped around the reese pb cup, then adhered using a hot glue gun (much faster than using the Tombow adhesive, though that stuff works great too). I then cut out the hat brims using the scallop circle punch and adhered to the bottom of the pb cup with a dab of hot glue.

The boxes are made using the Stampin' Up! Pillow Box Bigz die and my Big Shot die cutting machine. I adhered the sides using the Tombow adhesive, but next time I will use my hot glue gun - faster. I then tied non-SU! ribbon around the boxes.

Oh how I love Halloween!!!

1 comment:

  1. These are neat! The hats are a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails